Mecklenburg End Of Life Care Coalition
Organized and facilitated by Hospice & Palliative Care Charlotte Region, the mission of the Mecklenburg End-of-Life Care Coalition is to expand education and advance the understanding of end-of-life planning and care among healthcare professionals and the community at large.
The goals of the Mecklenburg End of Life Care Coalition are to:
- advocate for and promote advance care planning.
- act the primary source of information for community organizations involved in end-of-life care education.
- network with other organizations involved in end-of-life care – to share ideas, resources, and services – creating collaborative opportunities while avoiding duplication of effort.
- All About Seniors
- Alzheimer’s Association/Western Carolinas Chapter
- Carolinas HealthCare System
- Centralina Area Agency on Aging
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Council on Aging
- Community Care Partners of Greater Mecklenburg
- Hospice & Palliative Care Charlotte Region
- Mecklenburg County Department of Social Services -- Services for Adults
- Mercy School of Nursing
- Presbyterian Hospital
- Presbyterian School of Nursing at Queens University of Charlotte
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Center for Professional and Applied Ethics
- Department of Communication Studies
- School of Nursing
The coalition provides a variety of services supporting end-of-life care, including training for individuals and groups on facilitating discussions and advocating for completion of advance care directives. The group also partners with local healthcare organizations to provide end-of-life care programs to the general public and the medical community.
For additional information about the Mecklenburg End-of-Life Care Coalition, please email Marilyn Morenz or call 704.375.0100.