Levine & Dickson Hospice House-Huntersville
About Levine & Dickson Hospice House
There are many individuals who need hospice care but cannot be cared for at home, and who do not need or desire to be placed in a full-scale medical facility. Sometimes they only require this extra care temporarily and can then return home after an in-patient stay, once pain and symptom management has been achieved. In caring for these patients who need extra care at the end of life, Levine & Dickson Hospice House fills a long-standing need in our community.
Levine & Dickson Hospice House seamlessly blends gentle comforts of home with essential medical expertise towards comfort and dignity at the end of life. The purpose is to improve the lives of patients and their families at a time when relief is most needed.
The Levine & Dickson Hospice House is a sixteen-bed freestanding facility consisting of eleven hospice inpatient and five hospice residential beds.
- In-patient beds serve patients who require a more acute level of care to manage pain and other symptoms. The goal is to return patients home once symptoms or pain is under control.
- Residential beds serve hospice-qualified patients for a short term period. The services are similar to care provided in the home and will serve those patients who do not have an option for care at home.
The building is located on a wooded site within Hospice & Palliative Care Charlotte Region's service area and easily accessible from major highways. The facility spans 29,000 square feet and has been planned with expansion in mind.
The facility also includes:
- a spacious family room with a fireplace and kitchenette
- a peaceful interfaith chapel for prayer, services, or reflection
- sunrooms that look out over beautifully landscaped gardens
- quiet spaces within, and gardens outside for visiting with family and friends
- a library and resource area where visitors can read, listen to music, or learn more about their loved ones' health concerns
- a full-service kitchen where individualized patient meals will be freshly prepared
- a team station where a caring staff of physicians, professional hospice nurses, chaplains, and counselors are always available
- a training and conference center for community end-of-life education programs
For a virtual tour of Levine & Dickson Hospice House, click here.
If you are interested in seeing the Levine & Dickson Hospice House in person, please contact Misty Molloy at 704.335.3553. Tours will last about 25 minutes. Anyone is welcome! For admissions information or questions about bed availability, please call 704.375.0100.
How You Can Help
Hospice & Palliative Care Charlotte Region has been here to help families in their time of need. Now we need help of our own. We ask that you consider a pledge or donation in support of the Levine & Dickson Hospice House. Your investment will have a lasting impact on thousands of patients and families for generations to come.
Purchase a Brick
For a gift of $500, a personalized, engraved brick will be permanently embedded in the Memorial Walkway within the beautiful courtyard labyrinth at Levine & Dickson Hospice House. Bricks are an enduring, visible way to honor and memorialize loved ones and to support hospice care.
Click here to download the form that will allow you to purchase your brick and honor your loved one.
From Interstate 77 traveling north, take exit 23 (Gilead Rd.) Turn left onto Gilead Rd. (toward Presbyterian Hospital). Turn left at the second stoplight onto Reese Blvd. At the fork, bear right, continuing on Reese Blvd. After Joe Gibbs Racing, turn right onto Vanstory Dr. Continue to 11900 Vanstory Dr. The entrance to Levine & Dickson Hospice House is the next driveway on the right.
From Interstate 77 traveling south, take exit 23 (Gilead Rd.) Turn right onto Gilead Rd. (toward Presbyterian Hospital). Turn left at the second stoplight onto Reese Blvd. At the fork, bear right, continuing on Reese Blvd. After Joe Gibbs Racing, turn right onto Vanstory Dr. Continue to 11900 Vanstory Dr. The entrance to Levine & Dickson Hospice House is the next driveway on the right.